I haven’t done a tag in a long, long time and now I finally have some free time, so I decided to do one that I stumbled upon on YouTube. Just like the title says, it’s called the You’re Not Good Enough Tag! and it’s created by booktubers IsThatChami and Beccathebookreviewer.
The rules are simple enough.
- Choose 30 characters, write down their names and put them in a jar
- Give the jar a little shake and choose 2 names at random for each scenario
- Decide which of your two ‘champions’ fits the scenario best
- And I guess the one you didn’t choose is the one that’s ‘Not Good Enough’?
From what I’ve seen, people usually choose 15 books and pick 2 characters from each. But I’ve decided to spice things up a little bit (hehe…) and choose one character from 30 different books that I’ve read just so each of them has something different to bring to the table 🙂
Let’s get started!
1. You only have one more spot on your Spelling B team, who would you pick to complete your team?
I got Captain Thorne from The Lunar Chronicles and Penryn Young from Angelfall! This is pretty tricky, I think. On one hand, Penryn was still in high school when the apocalypse happened, so she probably still has a lot of spelling knowledge locked in her brain. But Thorne is funny so he’d keep up morale. Hmm… I think I’ll have to go with Captain Thorne for this one. Maybe he can charm our way to victory 😀
2. Both characters want to kill you, which one would you kill first so you have a better chance of surviving?
For this one, I drew Alice Alexis Queensmeadow from Furthermore and Edward Cullen from Twilight. Alice is a powerful opponent, I know. But I’m going to kill Edward first because 1. he sparkles and 2. I’m probably going to be friends with Alice and she wouldn’t have to kill me at all 😉
3. You’re on the bachelor/bachelorette and you’re down to these two characters, which one are you going to give your rose too?
My options are Saba from Blood Red Road and Mare Barrow from Red Queen. I think this one is also an easy enough choice. I don’t like Mare, so there is no way I’m giving her a rose. Saba it is!
4. You’ve been chosen for the Hunger Games, who would most likely volunteer in your place?
Okay, so Han from The Demon King vs Gale from The Hunger Games. To be honest, I don’t even know if either one of these guys would volunteer in my place? But if I had to choose, I think maybe Gale would 🙂
5. You’re stranded on an island. Which character would you sacrifice to engage in cannibalism?
I don’t want to resort to cannibalism at all! But I guess now I have to… I have to choose between Gabi from the River of Time series and Deuce from Enclave. I’ll have to go with Deuce for this one. She knows how to fight. If I don’t take her out first, I might be the one to end up roasting over the fire 😦 . Gabi can fight really well too, but she’s nice so I can’t eat her.
6. You’re the next DC/Marvel superhero (with your own tv show of course), who is your sidekick?
I got Warner from Shatter Me and Elder from Across the Never Sky. Obviously, I’m going to go with Warner because he has superpowers, he can fight and also because I’m not Elder’s biggest fan.
7. You’re a manager of an Avocado admiring company, who would you fire for lack of communication skills?
Blue Sargent from The Raven Cycle vs Tamani from Wings. I think I’ll have to fire Tamani. As much as I like the guy, I think his communication skills could use some work. Sorry, Tamani. Try again next time 🙂
8. You’ve just finished a book in which your favorite character dies, which character is most likely to comfort you?
Between Hermione Granger from Harry Potter and Cole Holland from Alice in Zombieland, I’m pretty sure Hermione takes the cake in comforting people. She’s just a really amazing friend and also a reader so if anyone could comfort me, it would probably be her 🙂
9. Ugh, it’s high school. Who would most likely be part of the popular clique?
I don’t think either Meira from Snow Like Ashes or Aria from Under the Never Sky would be part of the popular clique. But if I had to choose, I’d have to go with Meira because she’s literally a queen and she’s supposed to be popular?
10. The day has arrived; you’re finally a year older! Who would have the nerve to forget your birthday?
My options are Tris from Divergent and Karou from Daughter of Smoke and Bone. I think Tris would have the nerve to forget my birthday. I don’t know why, but I think she would.
11. You’ve just found an upcoming booktube star? Who would it most likely be?
For this one, I got Mark Watney from The Martian and Lena Duchannes from Beautiful Creatures. If anyone can be a booktuber, I think it would be Mark Watney, because hello? There’s really no contest here 🙂
12. Sleepover time! Unfortunately, you can only invite one person, who would you invite?
I got Feyre from A Court of Thorns and Roses and Puck from The Iron King. I’ve only read the first book, but I think Feyre is too serious for a sleepover. I’m going to have to go with Puck because I’m pretty sure he has some crazy stories to tell and it would be a fun sleepover 🙂
13. Bam, you’re pregnant. Who’s the father/mother?
I drew Percy Jackson from The Lightning Thief and Will Herondale from the Infernal Devices! Wow, okay. So obviously I will go with Will Herondale because it’s Will! Seriously, is it even a competition? I read the book so many years ago, but to this day I still remember the Demon Pox song. He’s awesome 😀
14. You’ve just written a super important text. Who would ‘see’ it, but not reply?
My choices are Pia from Origin and Alex from Delirium. Honestly, both of them could leave me on ‘Read: 11.43 a.m.’ but I think I’ll go with Alex for this one.
15. You’ve just woken up and it’s time for breakfast. Your mum’s been replaced by..who?!
I don’t want anyone to replace my mom!! But I have two names left in my jar and I guess I have to make a choice. Sorry, mom. The last two characters are Darrow from Red Rising and Morpheus from Splintered. Even though Darrow literally changed his whole appearance to infiltrate the Gold academy, I don’t think he could pull off being a mom. Morpheus, on the other hand, would totally do something like this. So I’ll go with Morpheus. And plus, I think it would be funny 🙂
Okay! That’s all for this tag! That was actually really fun to do, I had plenty of LOL moments when drawing names from my jar 🙂
I don’t really know how many people I’m supposed to tag for this, and usually, I would just say ‘if you want to do this tag, go ahead!’, but I haven’t tagged anyone specific in a while, so I thought I’d do that. If you’ve done this tag, or you just don’t want to, feel free to ignore me!
| Everyone Who Wants to do the Tag!! |