It’s the end of 2016 and we all know what that means. Time to make another list! List of new year resolutions, a list of goals, shopping list, or in my case, a list of disappointments. More specifically, a list of books that I have yet to read. That’s disappointing, isn’t it?
I have come to realize that I have a serious book buying problem. I can’t go to a bookstore without buying anything. And since most places have bookstores, you really can’t take me anywhere. I’m serious. If someone wants me to go with them, they have to constantly hold my hand and never let go. Otherwise, I’ll wander off into the nearest store that sells books.
Okay. I think we’re getting off topic. What I’m trying to say is, I buy books faster than I can read them. I know, I know, bookworm problems, right? It’s really funny how when I look at my bookshelf, it doesn’t look like I have too many books, but when I actually take them off the shelf, I realize that I have 33 BOOKS that I haven’t read. And I bought ALL of them this year! So I decided to make a list of books that I bought in 2016 that I have yet to read. This list won’t include books that I received as gifts because I didn’t buy those, so I don’t feel too bad about them 😀 Also, this list would be waaaay longer if I did.
Here we go. Clicking on the title will take you to the Goodreads page.
- The Buried Giant by Kazuo Ishiguro
- An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
- A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
- Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
- Truthwitch by Susan Dennard
- Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare
- Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake (Currently Reading)
- Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes
- Rebel Springs by Morgan Rhodes
- Gathering Darkness by Morgan Rhodes
- Kalahari by Jessica Khoury
- Furthermore by Tahereh Mafi
- Flamecaster by Cinda Williams Chima
- Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton
- After the End by Amy Plum
- Until the Beginning by Amy Plum
- The Martian by Andy Weir
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
- A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas
- Passenger by Alexandra Bracken
- This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab
- Red Rising by Pierce Brown
- Golden Son by Pierce Brown
- A Darker Shade of Magic by Victoria Schwab
- Half Bad by Sally Green
- Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
- Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
- The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness
- A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
- Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater
- The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater
- Animal Farm by George Orwell
Wow, that took longer than I thought! This list doesn’t even include books that I haven’t read from previous years 😦 😦 😦
So whenever I read a book from this list, I’m going to go back and cross it out. I’m hoping that will give me the motivation I need to read more because I really like crossing things off of lists haha 😀
Please please tell me I’m not the only one with so many unread books this year! I need to know I’m not alone!!!