So. May was awful. It was day after day of trying to finish all my assignments so I could submit them on time, and a bunch of presentations, and it was not fun. AT ALL. Who knew culinary school comes with so many written assignments?
I read one book this month. Yes, one book. ONE. I really tried to read more but after hours and hours of counting calories and nutrients, and writing about marketing strategies for a drone, I couldn’t focus on reading anymore 😦 . I ended up watching TV shows every time I take a break, like The 100 (season 3 is over now, so yeah…), Once Upon a Time (also over 😦 ), and Game of Thrones (I still can’t get over episode 5, OK?) People need to talk to me about these TV shows because none of them made me feel okay. BUT, on the bright side, my final exams will be over soon, and I’ll be on break until July 18th, so I’m going to make sure that I make a dent in my TBR pile (yeah, right. But still).
Anyway, even though I feel like I’ve accomplished nothing in May, I did post 3 reviews (you can click on the covers to see the reviews):
I also did the 100 Questions No One Ever Asks tag and a (not-so-serious) discussion about zombies called The Zombification Reaction. I actually wrote this post because I was feeling so stressed and I thought ‘hey, zombies’.
Whenever I’m doing my assignments, I always have a comedy playing on TV, like FRIENDS or The Big Bang Theory. The background noise helps me focus more on my assignments and plus, it makes me laugh. But this month, it didn’t work! I got the jokes, and I should’ve laughed, but I DIDN’T! Sigh.
It’s okay, next month will be better 🙂
One thing that always happens when I get stressed is I always end up buying stuff. If it’s not books, it’s makeup. So this month, I bought a bunch of lip products and also 7 books :D. I know, I know, it’s not good for the state of my wallet. But it’s good for my mind so who cares?
This month I bought:
- 1984 by George Orwell
- A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas – I’m both excited and scared to read this book 😦
- A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab – I bought this book online in the middle of the night because I was still doing my Food Nutrition report and I was so sick of it and I needed to buy something.
- Passenger by Alexandra Bracken – this book arrived in my mailbox the same way ADSoM did.
- Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton – I had to. The cover is so pretty and I heard the story is great 🙂
- Kalahari by Jessica Khoury – I bought this book because I loved Origin and I want to read more books by this author. I was actually looking for In Vitro, but the bookstore didn’t have a copy, so I got this one.
- Truthwitch by Susan Dennard – yeah… I don’t have a reason for this one. It’s all over bookstagram (like Passenger), what was I supposed to do?
So that’s what happened in May. I’ll be having two practical exams tomorrow, and 5 theory papers next week, so I hope I can survive, but other than that, I’m looking forward to June. How was May for you guys? Did anything good happen?