Every morning, on our way to campus, my brother and I will ALWAYS be stuck at the traffic light where the light stays red for at least 5 minutes. I’m not kidding. It stays red for a long, long time. So while waiting, we would talk about the most interesting things like politics, global warming, why it’s okay to have pizza for breakfast, lunch and dinner, cool social experiments we could do around the university (it was very funny imagining the results. Maybe one day, if we actually do these experiments, I’ll share the results here 😀 ), and one of the most interesting ones: what would we do in the event of a zombie apocalypse.
It turns out that my brother and I have different opinions about the zombie apocalypse. I said that I want to live as long as I can, and my brother said that he wants to be one of the first ones to die. I was baffled! Why would he want to die first? I kept thinking about it and when I got to class I asked some of my friends what they think. Two of them said “nope. I’m going to die”, and one said “of course I’m going to live. Duh.” Apparently my brother did the same thing with his friends and got lots of different answers. So on the way home, we came up with a list of pros and cons of surviving the zombie apocalypse.
***Keep in mind that I’m using the zombies from The Walking Dead.
Because if these zombies showed up, I WILL DIE!
Anyway, let’s start with the list!
Pros of surviving a zombie apocalypse:
- You don’t die – I called my youngest sister to ask for her opinion on the matter and this is what she came up with. We don’t die. Duh
- You can probably take whatever you want – My other sister said this. I think it makes sense, because in a zombie apocalypse, I don’t think anyone will be at the counter in 7 Eleven waiting to ring up my gummy bears.
- You can make your own community and therefore, humans will continue to exist.
- You can spend lots of time killing zombies as a great workout.
- You will definitely lose weight – All the zombie killing and the lack of food will definitely help you fit into your new skinny jeans 😉
- Because no one will care if you take stuff from shops, you can go to the bookstore and get all the books you want. Please note that this only applies in the event of a zombie apocalypse. Right now, you still have to pay for your books.
Cons of surviving a zombie apocalypse (pretty much everything on this list is from my brother):
- You have no life! – According to my brother, why would you want to live in a world full of zombies?
- You are criminals! Why would you want to bring babies/children into this cruel world?
- If you get sick, how will you get proper medical treatment?
- Oh, a lifetime supply of gas for your car? I THINK NOT!
- You have to deal with all sorts of people. The governor, anyone?
- Also, there would be no functioning malls, no movies, no TV, good food, and so much more (this is my reason. I need my TV series. Not to mention, all the ongoing book series.)
So that’s the list! But either way, I’ll die when I die and not a moment before no matter where I stand on the matter. So here’s another list of things that I’ll do in case a zombie apocalypse happens.
- Get a large supply of water, food, medicine, and books.
- Get lots and lots of weapons, just in case.
- Read up on zombie novels, and watch lots of zombie movies. It’s always good to be prepared.
When Sh** hits the fan phase:
- Stay at home, lock the doors and don’t make too much noise.
- Enjoy the luxury while it lasts
- Once all the supplies run out, carefully go out into the world and look for other (nice) survivors while killing zombies.
- Create/join a peaceful community while staying away from the bad guys.
- Die peacefully in my sleep, not eaten by zombies. Or at least that’s the plan.
Okay, I’m done. I realize that this post is pretty random, and it doesn’t really offer any useful information (Well, unless a zombie apocalypse does happen and you’re trying to decide if you want to live or not 😉 ). But I just spent
hours days doing all my assignments and I’m so tired and so sick of counting calories and vitamin contents in food and I keep thinking about this zombie conversation because I’m not caught up on The Walking Dead because yeah….
So anyway, do you think a zombie apocalypse could happen? What would you do if it did? Would you want to live, or die?