I’ve been so busy with classes and assignments and I never had time to post anything on my blog. So I was really surprised to see that I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award by Leticia from Shh, I Am Reading. Thank you so much for nominating me! If you guys haven’t checked out her blog, go visit it now!! I’ve been nominated for this award before but I’m really happy to do it again, especially since I haven’t posted anything in so long. Also, I noticed the rules have changed a little. Now I have to give 11 facts about myself? *gasp*
Here are the rules:
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award.
- Answer 11 question that the blog gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs you think are deserving of the award that have less than 200 followers.
- Let the blogs know you have nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
Okay, here are the questions!
1. Which do you prefer: eReader or Paper book?
Most of the time, I prefer ‘real’ books. Come on, who doesn’t love the smell of books? But for now, I think I’ll have to go with eReaders. I have an ebook reader app on my phone and tablet so I can read anytime I want (which is not very often nowadays) and also, it’s so much more convenient since I never leave my house without my phone. Besides, having an extra book in my bag may be a little too much exercise for me because I already have waaaay too many things in there (chef jacket, files, books, laptop and not to mention my knife set)
2. Do you have a favourite movie?
I don’t really watch a lot of movies. I usually prefer TV series (thank you Netflix). But if I had to pick a movie, it would probably be a tie between Edward Scissorhands and Pirates of the Caribbean. What can I say? I like Johnny Depp 😀
3. What do you do besides write blog posts?
Besides writing blog posts (which I don’t do as often as I wish I could), I would probably be doing whatever assignments my lecturers have decided to burden us with or maybe I’ll be cooking. It really depends on the day 😉
4. What is your biggest goal in life?
To be happy and successful, and grow old knowing that all the things I’ve achieved in life resulted from my own resilience and hard work.
5. What is one of your favourite book/author quotes?
“I spent my life folded between the pages of books.
In the absence of human relationships I formed bonds with paper characters. I lived love and loss through stories threaded in history; I experienced adolescence by association. My world is one interwoven web of words, stringing limb to limb, bone to sinew, thoughts and images all together. I am a being comprised of letters, a character created by sentences, a figment of imagination formed through fiction.”
6. Are you a gamer? If so, what’s your pick: console/PC?
I’m sad to say that I am not a gamer, even though most of my friends are. Does Candy Crush count?
7. What is your top 5 favourite movies?
Hmmm… I don’t have a lot of movies to choose from but here are a few that I like:
Pirates of the Caribbean
Disney Movies (most of them 🙂 ) and Pixar Movies
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe
8. What is your top 5 favourite television series?
These are 5 of my ‘current’ favourite television series. But I constantly change my mind about these things, so…
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Game of Thrones
Little House on the Prairie
9. What is one thing you wish that you could give the world?
I wish I could give the world a break from the wars and all the bad things that are happening. Or maybe I wish I could give Earth a mouth so it can complain about all the horrible things humans are doing. That would probably scare the hell out of everyone. But you know what they say, if wishes were horses, beggars would ride.
10. What is your least liked thing about blogging?
Not knowing what to post and not having the time to post that “I Don’t Know What to Post” post
11. How do you normally prepare to write a book review?
I sit down, open Microsoft Word on my laptop, stare at the screen while trying to organize my thoughts about the book I just read, start typing, deciding it’s not good enough, close the program and repeat. It usually takes a few tries, but eventually, I’ll get it right.
11 Random Facts about me:
1. I’m not afraid of the dark but I still do that run from the light switch to my bed
2. I’m one of those people who listen to a song I like about 87 times until I don’t like it anymore
3. Every time a friend borrows one of my books, I can’t stop thinking about what my book is going through
4. I have like 5 different styles of handwriting depending on the situation
5. I love collecting accessories like bangles, rings and necklaces, and lipsticks. I don’t know when I’ll ever be able to use up all that lipstick
6. I’m very competitive in certain things. I’m not that bad yet, but I’m really worried that I might become a Monica.
7. I love going out and hanging out with my friends, but I can’t stand having people at my house for too long. I need my space!
8. I am terrified of frogs. When I had to do a frog dissection for biology in high school, I think I almost fainted. I still don’t know how I managed to do it.
9. I love to re-read my favorite books even though my TBR pile is twice as tall as I am.
10. I LOVE cheesecake. If I’m not worried about watching my weight, I’d eat cheesecake every day.
11. My favorite colours are green and blue, and my least favorite colour is probably yellow, but I’m not sure about that 😦
Now it’s time for my questions!
- Do you have a collection other than books ? (stamps, jewelry, etc)
- Do you listen to music while reading? If you do, how do you focus on the book instead of singing along to the lyrics? (because I can’t do it unless the song is instrumental)
- Do you read multiple books at a time?
- If you didn’t like a book, will you still read future books by the same author?
- What book(s) do you want to see on the big screen?
- How about books to TV series?
- If you want to watch a series, do you watch one episode per week, or do you binge watch on Netflix?
- What do you think about cover changes?
- What is the scariest thing you’ve ever done?
- What is your favorite food?
- Have you travelled to other countries? How was the experience?
I don’t know who has or hasn’t been tagged for this award, but I do know that all bloggers should get an award for being awesome. So I tag ALL of you! If you decide you want to do a Liebster Award post, let me know because I really want to know your answers! 🙂