The Liebster Award is an award for bloggers. It helps to discover new blogs and to build a sense of community in the blogging world!
These are the rules:
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you
- Nominate 11 bloggers that you think are deserving of the award
- Let the bloggers know you nominated them
- Give them 11 questions of your own
- Longest book you’ve read? (Beth)
I can’t really remember the longest book I’ve ever read, but it’s most likely Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix. I do remember taking quite a while to finish reading this book, though, because I’m not really a big fan of the Harry Potter series (I know, I know, how is this possible?)
If you could only read one genre for the rest of your life, what genre would you choose? (Kelly)
It would probably be Young Adult books. Because I think no matter how old you get, there will always be a young adult book that you can relate to. Also, YA is awesome.
- Would you buy a special edition copy of a book and keep the original copy? (Beth)
Maybe. If I love the book a lot, then why not?
What are your blogging goals for 2016? (Kelly)
I want to make friends with bookish people all over the world I guess. Real people around me are starting to get annoyed with my (loud) non-stop obsession with books. Not that bloggers aren’t real people, but you know what I mean.
- How excited do you get to have signed books? (Beth)
Very. Because there is a very low probability that I could go meet authors and ask them to sign my books.
What is your favourite book and why? (Kelly)
Okay. This is a difficult question. I love so many books and it’s hard to choose just one. Can I skip this question?
- Do you subscribe to a YA monthly subscription box? (Beth)
Noooo….. But I wish I do. It’s just that at the moment, I’m the very definition of ‘broke college student’. Maybe in the future, when I have a job and steady income I will, haha.
How did you come up with your blog name? (Kelly)
Hmm… I guess I was thinking of reading Of Mice and Men (I’ve never read that book) and I like reading, and I always talk about random things. So Of Reading and Random Things popped up in my head and I liked it, so here it is!
- Do you use social media? Do you enjoy being part of the bookish community on there? (Beth)
Yes, I do use social media. I’m still pretty new since I just joined this year, but it’s really great. I really love seeing people posting pictures of really awesome books. It’s also a really great source of book recommendations 🙂
What was your favourite subject at school and why? (Kelly)
English, definitely. I loved all the creative writing assignments, public speaking and debates (I like to win 🙂 ). I did love Math, but then it got too difficult and I didn’t love it anymore.
- Do you read ebooks? Kindle vs Paperback? (Beth)
I do read ebooks. I actually read more ebooks compared to paperbacks now, since I’m in university and almost all of my books are at my parents’ house. And I also don’t have a lot of space in my apartment, so for now, it’s ebooks.
What are your favourite hobbies (other than reading)? (Kelly)
I love cooking and baking, that’s why I’m majoring in baking and pastry :). But I also love to write and sing. Just ask my brother, every day is like a concert in our apartment.
- A popular series you haven’t got round to reading? (Beth)
RED QUEEN by Victoria Aveyard. I feel like everyone’s read this book except me. I will read it soon, though. I hope.
Which author inspires you the most? (Kelly)
Well, I really love the Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi, so I guess she is one of the authors that inspire me. I like her writing style a lot. Also, Warner.
- Do you own any bookish merch? (Beth)
I don’t have much (yet), they’re mostly bookmarks, though. I do have a few Mockingjay pins. I have one on my charm bracelet, a Mockingjay pin and also on my passport cover.
Tell me a random fact about you! (Kelly)
I like to eat cream cheese and Nutella sandwich. It’s good 🙂
- Favourite colour for covers? (Beth)
I really like dark colours for book covers, but especially blues and greens.
What was the first book you ever read? (Kelly)
My mom taught me how to read when I was 3-ish, and the first book I’ve ever read was The Princess on the Pea by Hans Christian Andersen.
- How many books are on your to-read list? (Beth)
SO MANY BOOKS. I haven’t added them on Goodreads yet because it would take a while and I don’t really have time for it, but I will add them one by one as I read.
What is your guilty pleasure? (Kelly)
Hmmm….. Guilty pleasure, ‘something that you shouldn’t like, but like anyway’. Does eating waaay too many potato chips count?
- What are your reading/blog goals for 2016? (Beth)
Like I said before, I want to make friends with a lot of bookish people. But other than that, I want to just enjoy blogging about things that I love. Not just reading, but also food and cooking, and of course, random things :).
If someone wrote a story about your life what would the title be? (Kelly)
‘The Life and Times of a Drama Queen’. Or maybe ‘What on Earth is She Doing?’
Well, it would be something like that.
Okay, I’m done with all the questions. Here are my nominations:
By the way, I’m sorry if you’ve already been tagged or if I’m not supposed to nominate you. I’m still new, so I don’t really know how everything works 😦
My questions for you are:
- What book(s) have you read more than once?
- Do you read non-fiction books (biographies, history books, economy, etc.)?
- Have you ever bought a book just because the cover is really pretty?
- Do you like to cook? Is there anything you cook that is inspired by something you’ve read?
- Do you eat/snack while reading?
- If you are stranded on an island and have only 3 books with you, what would they be?
- Have you ever liked a movie adaptation more than the book?
- Do you write stories? If you do, what kind of stories do you write?
- Is there a book(s) that you didn’t want to like but end up liking anyway?
- On a scale of 1-10, how weird are you?
- What kind of music do you listen to?
Have fun, guys!